Friday, February 10, 2012

Kan Vizhithal / Shauk Hai - An unheard gem from ARR

Madhavan and Vidya Balan in Guru
I recently watched Guru, crafted beautifully by Mani Ratnam. Released back in 2007, I faintly remember watching it in theatre alone. I am not here to write about the film but about a song which featured in the film as a  background score and not in the audio release. The song appears as a background score in a scene where Madhavan's character proposes to Vidya Balan's character. I had heard the hindi version 'Shauk Hai' a long time before and  have it already in my playlist, little did I know that this gem had a tamil version to it. Listen to 'Kan Vizhithal'(still listening as I type this post) , pure bliss.

 
This adds to songs like 'Idhayam Idam'(Jodhaa Akbar), 'Unthan Desathin'(Swades) which are equally good if not better versions of the originals.

No comments:

Popular Posts